Learn about Herbs for their culinary, horticultural and medicinal properties the easy way with the Herbs Mini Chart.
Both Herbs and Spices are used for their flavor, scent and colour to enhance and preserve food, augment cosmetics and perfumes, use medicinally, use for religious rites. In the past, Herbs have been recognized as the more green, leafy products, such as mint, rosemary and thyme, grown in more temperate areas. Spices have been categorized as fragrant and aromatic, such as cinnamon, cloves and ginger which are grown in tropical and subtropical regions.
This handy Mini Chart introduces 36 Herbs, their properties, uses and how to grow them.
This concise and useful Mini Chart shows 11 Essential areas:
1. Examines the 36 Herbs
2. States the botanical names of each Herb
3. Explains how to use the Herb in cooking and which foods are complementary to each Herb
4. Identifies the issues, ailments and conditions that each Herb can treat
5. Lists the best method of how to use each Herb eg tea, bath, culinary
6. States which parts of the plant can be used eg seeds, leaf, stem
7. Outlines the best form too use each Herb eg fresh, ground, oil
8. Details which are the best times of the year to plant each Herb
9. Features the plant type eg annual, perennial
10. Lists what type of soil, aspect of light for growth and how far apart when planting the Herb
11. And more . . .
A concise and very useful tool for anyone who is interested or wants to learn about Herbs.
Printed and protection coated on both sides.